This smooth, rich and creamy peanut butter frozen yogurt is the perfect healthy treat to cool off on a hot day – and it can be made with only 5 ingredients!
Yes, homemade creamy 5-ingredient frozen yogurt.
The surprisingly healthy dessert can be egg-free, gluten-free, paleo, keto, dairy-free, and vegan, with no bananas required.
Add a few mini chocolate chips or chocolate syrup on top, and it tastes like eating a cup of Frozen Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter!
Also try this coconut milk ice cream
And feel free to substitute your favorite nut butter of choice.
So far I have tried almond butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter, cinnamon peanut butter, and chocolate peanut butter.
You can make frozen yogurt in three different ways – either in an ice cream maker, or with a high speed blender like a vitamix, or simply by freezing the mixture in a large bowl, then stirring every twenty minutes or so.
I used the blender method for the peanut butter froyo in the photos and the freeze and stir method for the one in the video below.
Current trend: oatmeal – individual portion
Above Watch The Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Recipe Video
The recipe was adapted from this homemade frozen yogurt recipe and my Keto ice cream.
- 2 cups your choice of plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 Chopped off milk of your choice
- 1/2 Chopped off peanut butter or antiallergic submarine
- 1/4 tea salt
- 1/2 Chopped off sweetener of your choice (see note below)
- if you are using plain yogurt, add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
* Feel free to use your favorite sweetener, like pure maple syrup, regular sugar or coconut sugar, or erythritol for the sugar free. Or skip the sweetener and mix in an overripe banana or dates as desired. If you are using a liquid sweetener, omit the milk of your choice.Whisk the ingredients until they are completely smooth. If you have an ice cream maker, mix according to the machine instructions. If you don’t, you can either freeze in an ice cube tray and later mix the frozen ice cubes in a high quality vitamix or food processor until they are completely smooth OR you can freeze the mixture in container, removing it to stir every twenty minutes (making sure to scrape the sides of the container as you stir) until thick and smooth. The third method won’t be as smooth as the first two methods, but all three methods give delicious results! Due to the lack of preservatives or gums, frozen yogurt has the best smooth, creamy texture on the day it is made. However, you can technically freeze leftovers for a few weeks in an airtight container, thawing them for at least ten minutes before eating them. See the nutritional value
More peanut butter desserts
Peanut butter mousse
Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Banana and peanut butter smoothie
Peanut Butter Brownies