Classic vanilla ice cream comes wrapped with delicious uncooked chocolate chip cookie dough, in this homemade vegan cookie dough ice cream – no eggs or dairy!
This cookie dough ice cream can be:
Smooth, thick and creamy, it’s perfect for a hot summer day. Divide it into ice cream cones or devour it with a spoon. And no judgment if you eat all the pieces of chocolate chip cookie dough first!
Also try these healthy chocolate chip cookies
Did you know that cookie dough ice cream wasn’t invented until 1991?
(Thanks, Ben & Jerry’s.)
It really makes me wonder what we all did before that time.
I’m trying to remember a world without cookie dough ice cream, but it’s almost as hard as trying to remember what the world was like before the internet. Or cell phones.
Fortunately, we don’t have to think about it, and if you currently live in a home without cookie dough, all you need to do is whip up the recipe below to instantly add delicious cookie dough to your. life 🙂
Trending Right Now: Vegan Mac & Cheese
Coconut Free Ice Cream
For a vegan cookie dough ice cream without coconut, simply use one of the following recipes for the ice cream base and add the cookie dough at the end.
Oat milk ice cream
Almond milk ice cream
Banana ice cream
Homemade Frozen Yogurt
Or if you go for the coconut version, just make sure to use canned whole coconut milk, not the one that comes in a carton and not lightened.
For the sweetener of choice, it works with pure maple syrup, regular or brown sugar, coconut or date sugar, or granulated xylitol or erythritol for sugar-free ice cream.
The recipe was adapted from my Keto Ice Cream and Coconut Milk Ice Cream.
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk, OR the coconut-free options above
- 1/2 Chopped off any milk of your choice
- 1/3 Chopped off sweetener of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tea salt
- 1 Chopped off cookie dough (see below)
* If you are using coconut milk, it should be high in fat (and the one that comes in a box, not cardboard).For cookie dough, use any store-bought or homemade cookie dough, like the dough from these vegan chocolate chip cookies or this chickpea cookie dough dip. To make the ice cream, combine all the ingredients except the cookie dough in a bowl. If you have an ice cream maker, proceed according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Alternatively, you can either freeze the mixture in ice cube trays and then mix the frozen ice cubes in a high speed blender (like a Vita-Mix) or thaw a bit and mix in a regular blender. Break the cookie dough into pieces and gently fold into the ice cream. Serve right away, or freeze for a few hours if a firmer texture is desired. This ice cream is best the day it’s made, but it can technically be frozen for up to a few weeks and thawed before consuming. See the nutritional value
Popular Vegan Cookie Recipes
Vegetarian cookies with chocolate chips
Vegan peanut butter cookies
Or those coconut flour cookies
Vegan sugar cookies
Healthy cookies – 50 recipes